The role will involve assisting all aspects of Air operations – from initial quotations to clients, routing of shipments with overseas offices and agents, receiving & preparing pre-alerts, opening job files, and making invoices for payment.
- Annual wage £10,000.00
- Working week: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30, Total hours per week: 37.50
- Expected duration: 21 months
- Possible start date: 01 Jul 2019
- Date posted: 2 days ago
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number: VAC001530812
- Positions: 1 available
Duties will include:
- The creation and processing of air shipments
- Preparation of pre- and post-shipment documentation together with creation and distribution of export & import documentation
- Arranging collections and deliveries within the UK
- Preparing and submitting customs declarations
- Great attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Good communication and attitude
- Keen and eager to learn, hungry to progress and become a full-time employee
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C/9-4, or equivalent, including maths & English – ITC desirable.
- Successful candidates could be offered a permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
For information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Closes on: May 31 2019
- Outsource Training and Development
Specialist Case Maker/Export Packer
Charles Kendall Packing is one of the UK’s leading export packing companies since the 1980’s.
We are recruiting now, for experienced Case Makers/ Export Packers to join our
hard-working team, to help deliver orders to our global customers. Specialising in creating bespoke wooden cases, designed to our customers specifications not matter the size or shape of the item .
Job role: Case Maker/ Export Packer
Location: Feltham, (Heathrow)
Position: Full time-
Salary: £16,500 -£22,500
Your tasks will include:
-Building quality wooden cases and crates (selecting, measuring, cutting timber
using saws using hand tools)
-Assemble the case according to the specification
-Moving product into place using forklift truck, crane and conveyors
-Packing machinery into cases and onto pallets with suitable internal blocking and protection
-Keeps working area safe, clean and tidy
-Competent with hand drills and tools
-Enjoy working with your hands
-Handy with Wood cutting tools
-Attention to detail is crucial (To maintain asset value during transportation)
-Able to understand the design and check measurements
What we offer:
-A dedicated team of long serving, highly skilled, specialist team
-Experience working for a long-established company in Logistics and Supply chain
-A competitive salary
-Generous benefits package
Skills/Qualifications: Case Making, Export Packaging, Experience, Wood Working, Manufacturing Quality, Manufacturing Methods and
Procedures, Tooling, Safety Management, Lifting and Handling Experience.
Charles Kendall is committed to quality, value and service and is looking for long term relationships with its clients as well as employees. If you are ready to get stuck in, deliver our increasing orders, then apply today with your
Closes on: June 30 2019
- HR Manager