The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) engaged Charles Kendall Australia to review existing contracts within the Passenger Transport (PT) Division to improve and build its procurement and contract management capabilities while minimising exposure to the risks involved in third-party transport service contracts.
- Develop and implement recommendations to increase procurement and contract management capability.
- Improve organisational and individual competency based on review of existing practices and contracts.
- Detailed review of existing transport service contracts to identify shortfalls and areas for performance and capability/key skill improvement.
- Capability gap analysis to identify current procurement and contract management practice levels versus best standards.
- Market research/analysis to identify contract management systems for adoption by PT for future use.
- Recommendations for improved contract performance, including proposed clause variations and tasks/activities to be undertaken for each contract reviewed.
- Best practice performance management framework for management of PT contracts, plus options for changes to organisational structure.
- Detailed report and analysis of shortfalls within PT staff’s current procurement capability and practice level, with proposals for improvements.
- Comprehensive list of contract management system tools, outlining pricing, functionality and potential software providers to engage.